Wednesday 19 December 2007

Wednesday, December 18th

These are pictures from our Gaudete Sunday dominoes game...

That afternoon we rescued a litter of kittens that had been abandoned in the balcony of the empty house adjacent to ours. They probably belong to this weird stray that wanders our area, and they'd been wailing for two days before we figured out what and where they were.

So I climbed over and found them (four of them - three black and white, one grey with white stripes), took them to a local vet -- they were very, very hungry -- and then home. They're about two weeks old, so we're feeding them kitten milk with a syringe. Next week we can start them on baby food.

We don't know what we're going to do with them... they're black and white which is supposed to be bad luck here, so we might not find anyone to adopt them. We'll burn that bridge when we come to it... for now, our other cats, especially Ethyl Merman, the great dame of the household, are disgusted... Rhiannon has learned to feed them very well, and Eli just likes having animals around.

One of the pictures below is the bunch of them attacking our dominoes game.










2 comments:

Toby O'B said...

They are so cute! I love cats at that size. so tasty as a snack! LOL

I remember Tigli when she was that size back in 1984.... Somebody abandoned her on the 12th floor of where I worked when she was only two, three weeks old. I'm glad they did - gave me 20 years of her love and friendship.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh , I love, love, love, love them!!! They are ven smaller than our little Kicia was when she was found!!! I hope they find a good home. Please make sure they're fixed as soon as possible to prevent them from producing more strays... That's really the best thing you can do for them.