Tuesday 25 December 2007

December 25th, 2007, 1:00am

I wish you a happy Christ mas...

I'm wrapping gifts, still, listening to Elvis' 1972 Christmas album.

Today was a work day, tomorrow will be a work day... My school has two weeks off, but my boss' sister's school needed a full time sub over Christmas vacation, so things have balanced out. I enjoy the chance to do sub work -- takes me out of my element, I get to meet some new kids.

The kids got some cool stuffs -- Rhiannon got a Veterinarian Barbie (I kept telling her the past few weeks that she was going to get Diarrhea Barbie, Upset Stomach Barbie, Lactose Intolerance Barbie, or Runny Nose Barbie, which she didn't like one bit, though in the end, she did warm up to Wet the Bed Barbie...), and whenever she found one of her gifts, we told her it was for Ethyl Merman. It drove her mad when she found a beading kit and we just kept telling her it was for the cats. Eli got transformers and robots. He loves this stuff. It's cheap here, so he got a bunch of it... This year we decided to get the kids toys they wanted and not toys that we wanted them to have. Big difference!

They got to open one each tonight... Gosia gave them the "perfect" gifts first so they know they got that. Then they can open the gifts that have the Grammar book and pencil set inside with a clear mind.

So Rhiannon went to sleep with her Veterinarian with animal accessories, and Eli went to bed with his Transformer. He asked me, "but Daddy, why does it come with a gun?" so of course I told him, it's a high powered water shooter, so he can put out fires from far away, and he was happy about that.... :)

So, tomorrow, a little into Midnight Mass for NYC I'll be headed off to teach!

Gosia and the kids went to Midnight Mass here tonight, which was at 9:30 because everybody has to get up early for work tomorrow...

Well, I hope to put some pictures up tomorrow! I love you all and happy Christ mas!

No comments: