Sunday 25 May 2008

Wednesday,

Today's a short movie of Eli reading to us...

About a month or so Eli started reading Calvin and Hobbes. I'd brought my collections with me when we came. He'd never shown much interest in comics before that, but I guess something finally clicked and now he's reading and re-reading them. He actually fell asleep reading the other night... He reads to his sister at night, too...

So that's reading... his writing is doing well. So's his math. We're wading into division, lately.

If anyone has any old comic books, graphic novels, or an abacus that goes to to 10 X 10, we're taking donations...

Not much else is new this week...

Well, off to have some dinner.



1 comment:

Toby O'B said...

Reading comics are a great teaching tool, as you well know. I didn't learn the word "apogee" until after college - from reading 'The X-Men'!

And I found my apartment thanks to a mention of the area in 'Doctor Strange'!

Keep up the good work, Eli! Rhiannon, learn from your brother's example!

(Fulfilling my monthly requirement in godfather duties.....)