Wednesday 7 May 2008

Wednesday, May 7th

I'll put up the pictures from May Jam on Sunday, but today I wanted to put up a short movie from Monday...

At about 5 in the morning, as I slept on the couch in my work room (some nights I just work till I pass out in there), i was awoken by the kittens charging into the room, leaping about, following a sparrow that had come in through the balcony door. The sparrow flew around my room a few times before it flew into the room's wall mirror-- it then fell on the floor and was pounced upon by a kitten and carried out of the room.

It got away somehow, and continued flying around the house.

It flew up to Eli and Rhiannon's room and perched on a cabinet door above Eli's head. So I did what any responsible father would do and woke Eli up.

the sparrow flew down to the floor where Eli was able to look at it for a minute while I grabbed a pasta strainer (and the camera) ... We captured the bird and brought it out to the smaller balcony where Eli released it. Quite a morning...



Tuesday Eli made his first Confession ahead of his first Communion, which he'll make this Saturday afternoon, which is our Church's name day, and the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

I'd made him a cheat sheet of what to say and when to say it, and he did really well. He was really confident about it. Our priest, Father Joseph, who baptized Calvin, is a really kind man, and so that helped to make it easy for Eli.

So, that's all for now...

I'm off to play another game of Uno... Rhiannon has just won three rounds...

First she beat Eli, then Eli and me, then Gosia and Eli...

At least she's a graceful winner.

No comments: