Wednesday 25 June 2008

Wednesdy, June 25th










Today's post is just some pictures of Rhiannon with a bag of snails.

One wet night, Rhiannon went out snail collecting in the courtyard and came home with a shopping bag of a dozen or so snails.

Then she put them along Eli's arm while he was watching CNN...

...after which she set them free. She's a great lover of snails.

Not eating them, though, I think. They have them at the night markets here... They're simmered in some sort of black soup. You get a heap of them in a cup and suck out the meat. But I think those are sea snails... that's what my students tell me....

Anyway, snail laden movies down below!

They're a bit dark because it's night and all...












5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EW!!!

I'm worried about that large bowl of food near by in one of the shots. Rhiannon surely has the right parents. I'd have to count the snails that came in and the ones that were returned outdoors before I could eat! We used to do that on class trips...
Mom/Grandma

muhlstein said...

hey the snails are awesome!!


YUMMY

Toby O'B said...

Hooray! Rossanna can post! Just call me Toby Wan Kenobi!

Toby O'B said...

Oh, and I may talk a good game as being a gross-out king, but snails creep me out. We have them up at the lake and somebody always has to go out and put salt on them to kill them.

Otherwise they get in the cottage and two years later, they've killed the whole family! LOL

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see her here in Florida trying to catch the gecko's and lizards! they are alot faster than snails!

I think you have a little biologist on your hands.

Ellyn

Yea! Roseann can post