Tuesday 12 February 2008

Wednesday, February 13th

Well, it's back to teaching... New Year is behind us, I have a new class, Gosia has a new class, Eli and Rhiannon will be starting their classes... I still think Eli would be happier tending the goats, but for now it's grammar and writing.

At least goats give you cheese, all grammar ever gives me is a curdled headache -- at least now I get to share it with my students.

It's been cold (don't put your Winter blankets away until after Dragon Boat Festival!) so that's no good for Calvin.

He seizes up which makes swallowing tough, plus gagging/vomiting is more common. But he's doing well. He doesn't like it, but he's doing well.

Anyway, a picture of Eli and me watching Simpsons, and a couple of Ethyl Merman who likes to eat fried crunchy peas.

Our other two cats had to get surgeries, too. The brown one had a hemotoma (blood buildup between the skin and the cartilage) in her ear, and the white one is a male... he was starting to court Ethyl Merman and I'll have none of that, so we neutered him.

Plus a movie of Calvin at the bottom: he's in his chair, and you can see whenever he sort of drifts away, that's him having seizures. And after that... well, Calvin fell asleep on the floor in his anti-roll device...


1 comment:

Toby O'B said...

What are the two cats doing in that second video? Rolling dice for his clothes?

The idea of being asleep while two cats were on top of me would scare me - I know they'd be marking out which section of me would make the best buffet.....

One nice thing about these videos - it captures how comfortable and at home the kids seem to be over there. All in all, you guys are very lucky.

Of course, with Rhiannon, it's all due to the choice of godfather..... LOL