Wednesday 9 January 2008

Ukrainian Christmas






Here are some pictures from Ukrainian Christmas at one of my schools. The Ukrainian Orthodox Church celebrates Christmas on the 6th, when the Catholic Church celebrates the Feast of the Epiphany. So, one of my bosses, who is of Ukrainian descent, held the traditional Christmas dinner at her school for the children and their parents.
I got to be Santa (heresy of heresies), which meant that the Taiwanese kid's first experience of Santa was a very grouchy and overheated one. I was channeling Oscar the Grouch more than Saint Nicholas... But they all had fun... Also some pictures of Eli with my teaching assistant Irene, and a friend he made. He likes older friends... he doesn't much go for kids his own age. I think they over-stimulate him.

The 8th was Rhianon's birthday, and I'll put pictures of that up "tomorrow"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Rhiannon! I am very embarrassed to admit that I totally forgot... :(

You make a wonderful Santa, hehe, it's only natural that he'll have to be a grouch if you're in the costume!

Love you, Kamila