Tuesday 22 July 2008

Defunct

Well, it finally happened...


the Cur family camera has died...

For the past month the lens wouldn't open and close properly, and now the on/off button won't work. So, I think I have enough material for the coming Wednesday blog, but I always envisioned this as a visual blog...

I'll have to see where this leaves the blog... probably in silent running for a few months until we can muster up a new camera. The Cur family car also died last week, after a few weeks of trouble, so we need to see if that's salvageable before we move onto photographics... It's been a good camera, but we've given it a lot of use.

Check in tomorrow for the Wednesday post...

All the best...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A moment of silence for the departed. I know a Sister (Camille) who made up a great prayer for the deceased family cat; I could get her help... Cars are something else: the great love-hate relationship, Dad always says.
Anyway, we're grateful beyond words for all the joy the camera did deliver.
Is Calvin somewhat sitting ;in the last July 21 movie (with Gosia?)
Much love
Mom

the Cur family said...

Hah! Well, I don't think the camera needs a prayer said for it. Not really my thing. It's been a long time coming... It's been reliable, but things aren't made to last anymore.

Calvin is able to sit better with aid. He's come a long way in a couple months in that area. The new therapy's really helping. Partly because it's just more intensive.
We'll see how it goes.

Sean